Tuesday evening the girls team defeated both Lawrence Central and Mt. Vernon to claim the first victories on the season. Kameron Collins and Cheyenne Boone (freshman) led the way, with Collins posting a 48 and Boone 52.
Last night the girls lost a to a talented Shelbyville squad by 3 strokes, but shot a lower score than they did Tuesday, firing a 199. Collins and Boone again led the way, Collins shot a 43 and Boone shot a 46.
Tonight the varsity football squad will get things going by hosting a scrimmage against Tri-West High School; kick off is set for 7 pm.
Next week, things get real with all of our fall sports teams opening their seasons. Below you will find a schedule of events for the week. Best of luck to all our teams and athletes!
- Frosh, JV, varsity volleyball home vs Lutheran, 4:30
- Girls golf home vs Greenfield, 5 pm
- Boys and girls BG Invite at Don Challis Park, 5 pm
- Boys tennis home vs Speedway, 5 pm
- Girls golf at Triton Central
- Varsity and JV volleyball home vs MT Vernon, 5:30 pm
- Girls soccer at Shelbyville, 5:30 pm
- Boys soccer home vs Tri-West, 5:30 pm
- Girls golf at New Pal
- Boys tennis at Mooresville, 5 pm
- Boys soccer home vs Scecina 5 pm
- Varsity and JV volleyball at Greenwood, 5:30 pm
- Varsity football at Lutheran, 7 pm
- JV football at Martinsville, 10 am
- Boys and girls cross country at Plainfield, 8:30 am
- Frosh Volleyball at Cathedral, 10 am
- Boys soccer home vs Morristown, 10 am