Hope you are all doing well and surviving the cold winter! I wanted to take a moment to update you on positive happenings in the world of BGHS Athletics:
Girls Basketball Continues Their Successful Season
- Last night the girls held off a strong New Palestine team to win by a score of 51-45. The senior trio of Cameron Cardenas (25 points), Katie Giller (14 pts, 13 rebounds) and Mallory Storms (11 rebounds) once again led the way. With the win, the girls pushed their season record to 15-4; the girls are currently undefeated in ICC play (6-0) setting up a showdown next Thursday with Triton Central, who is also undefeated in conference play.
- Upcoming games; Saturday, January 20th—home vs New Castle, JV start time is NOON. Next Thursday, January 25th—HOME vs Triton Central (this game will determine the conference championship)
Wrestlers Shine at Conference Tournament
- This past Saturday the grapplers participated in the ICC wrestling tournament at Monrovia High School. The boys put forth a strong showing, bringing home 2 third place finishes, 2 second place finishes and 3 conference champions! Individual winners are listed below.
- ICC Results:
- Juwan Joseph, 3rd place 113 lbs
- Phenix Carney, 2nd place, 120 lbs
- Ethan Smiley, CHAMPION, 126 lbs
- Harley Taylor, CHAMPION, 132 lbs
- Bailey Moore, CHAMPION, 138 lbs
- Ely Shockley, 3rd place, 160 lbs
- Isaiah Greene, 2nd place, 285 lbs
Boys Swim Continues to Dominate
- As seen in coach Vuskalns previous email, the boys dominated Bishop Chatard last night, pushing their season record to 7-1. The boys are back in action Friday night at the Warren Central Swim Invite.
Girls Swim Has Had a Breakthrough Season
- The girls have quietly put together a very strong season. Last week the girls narrowly missed a conference championship, finishing 2nd to a very strong Cardinal Ritter team. Caitlyn Bowser turned in an impressive showing at the conference meeting, individually winning two events: 200 Free and 500 Free. The girls are back in action Thursday at Mooresville and also Friday and Saturday at the Warren Central Invite.
Finally, a special note of congrats to the boys freshman basketball team;
- On Tuesday night the boys thrashed Cardinal Ritter by a score of 62-26. With the win, the boys pushed their season record to 12-0.
Congratulations to all of our athletes and coaches and continued success! Thanks for reading and have a great day!