Beech Grove High School is set to host Sectional 28 this week on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. Sectional 28 is looked at as one of the best in 3a in the state. The winner from this sectional could make a run to the Class 3a state championship. Out of the six teams in Sectional 28, three of them are ranked in the top 20 in 3a. Tri-West is #5, Danville is #6, and Beech Grove is #16. Below you will find out more information for each team.
- Tri-West : 18-4 (7-0 in conference), ranked #5 in 3a
- Notable wins : Danville & Greencastle
- Notable losses: Beech Grove & Cardinal Ritter
- Danville : 18-4 (6-1 in conference), ranked #6 in 3a (Currently on an 8-game win streak)
- Notable wins : Beech Grove & Manual
- Notable losses : Tri-West
- Beech Grove : 17-5 (6-1 in conference), ranked #16 in 3a
- Notable wins : New Castle, Tri-West, Roncalli, & Manual
- Notable losses : Danville
- Indian Creek : 14-8 (4-1 in conference)
- Notable wins : Greensburg & Greenwood
- Notable losses : Center Grove
- Indianapolis Manual : 14-9 (3-0 in conference)
- Notable wins : Indianapolis Howe & Cloverdale
- Notable losses : Beech Grove & Danville
- Indianapolis Herron : 3-20
- Notable wins : Indiana Math & Science & Christel House Academy
- Notable losses : Manual
Predictions for Sectional 28 by Garret Daniel.
I expect for this to be a very entertaining sectional at Beech Grove and I’m excited about that because I will be on hand for every game working. Obviously, my opinions on the games and who will win them is definitely bias. My predictions may be more based off what I want to see happen then what might really happen, but I’m still going to make my predictions.
- Game 1 @ 6 pm on Tuesday: Beech Grove vs Indianapolis Herron
- Prediction – Beech Grove wins by double digits to start off the tournament. Herron will struggle scoring the basketball and Beech Grove will look towards Friday’s rematch with Indianapolis Manual.
- Game 2 @ 7:30 on Tuesday : Tri-West vs Indian Creek
- Prediction – Indian Creek has lost a couple of close games to really good teams and they have beaten some really good teams. Tri-West is a really good team and this game will be very close throughout. Ultimately, Tri-West will get the victory to advance on for a rematch with Danville.
- Game 3 @ 6 pm on Friday : Indianapolis Manual vs Beech Grove
- Prediction – This will be a rematch game from back in December when the Hornets defeated the Redskins on a buzzer beating 3-point shot by Jalyn Curry. I’m expecting another close game but in the end the Hornets will prevail on their home court to move onto the sectional championship Saturday night.
- Game 4 @ 7:30 on Friday : Danville vs Tri-West
- Danville lost to Tri-West at home at the end of January by six points. Since then Danville has won 8 games in a row and will be looking for revenge against Tri-West. I’m picking Danville in this match up of rival schools to advance onto the sectional championship for the 4th year in a row.
- Championship game @ 7:30 on Saturday : Beech Grove vs Danville
- In a rematch of last year’s sectional championship, the Hornets will be looking for revenge as they lost last year’s sectional championship 74-65. Last year, the Hornets got off to a slow start and battled their way back into the game before ultimately running out of steam. Danville thrived on their home court during the sectionals last year winning by a combined 35 points in three games. Beech Grove will have that same home court advantage and will use the energy provided by the crowd to win their first sectional title in 10 years.
There you have it Beech Grove, if all goes according to plan the Hornets will be hoisting a sectional championship trophy on Saturday at Beech Grove High School. Now it’s time for you to do your part and make it a true home-court advantage. Tickets are $6 each game or you can pay $10 to get a sectional pass for all three days. Be sure spread to the word to everyone in the community to rally behind this team help them win a sectional title!