Welcome back to school Hornets! We are only two days into the school year but that doesn’t mean our athletes weren’t busy this summer working out and competing at practices. Below you will find some quick hitters on what went down this summer for Hornets athletics.
- Dallas Culpepper commits to Illinois State University to play division 1 football!
- Josh Fryar received multiple D1 offers this summer after participating in a few offensive line camps. Josh received offers to play for Indiana University, Iowa State University, University of Cincinnati, University of Toledo, and Indiana State University. He’s currently a 3-star prospect according to 247 Sports and the #1 ranked center in the state for his class of 2020.
- Photo by Wayne McGahee III/Democrat
- The girls and boys cross country teams get new coaches. The boys team will be coached by Kristin Raker and the girls team will be coached by Sara Lauerman. Both are heading into their first year as cross country coaches but are excited about the opportunity to work together. Coach Raker is also the head girls basketball coach and she works at South Grove elementary as a 4th grade teacher. Coach Lauerman is a teacher at Central Elementary.
- The cheerleading squad was busy this summer getting ready for the fall season participating in a cheer camp held at Vincennes University.
- Levi Miller placed 8th in the Indianapolis Junior Golf Summer Tour ~ 16-19 years old division. This tour included many kids in the Indianapolis and surrounding areas. The Indianapolis Junior Golf Foundation was founded in 1984 as a program designed to teach youth the game of golf.
- Gavin Hess was selected to participate in the Indiana Basketball Coaches Association top 100 workout at Ben Davis this summer.
These are just a few of the stories from this summer for Hornets Athletics! Be on the look out for more articles for the fall sports teams as we get closer to the start of athletics for Beech Grove High School!